Welcome Center Specialist (Central Office)
Catholic Charities is seeking a customer service minded Welcome Center Specialist to greet visitors, answer calls, and support programs agency-wide. This role will be responsible for compassionate client care through internal and external referrals and program intake. In addition, this role will provide volunteer coordination, community engagement, and administrative support for all programs.
Possesses a strong commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities, including the understanding of Catholic Social Teaching and ability to demonstrate the philosophy and values of the agency. The identity of the agency is clearly Catholic. As such, Catholic Charities adheres to the social and moral teachings of the Catholic Church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Staffs Welcome Center to answer the door and answer the phone
- Provide client intake or referrals for programs (internal and external) as required
- Provides administrative support and volunteer coordination as requested
- Full-time employees are expected to report to their assigned work location Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; core working hours may vary by position
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing, and problem solving
- Attends and participates in staff trainings, meetings, activities, and programs as required
- Utilizes common software and digital applications (Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Teams, timekeeping software, etc.)
May supervise volunteers as assigned.
Employer offers medical, dental, vision, life, and long term disability benefits as well as paid holidays, paid vacation, and a matching 403(b) plan.
Education and/or Experience
High-school diploma or GED equivalent required. Experience in reception, volunteer engagement, social services, and/or customer service preferred.
Ability to successfully pass Family Care Safety Registry and criminal background checks and requires completion of the Protecting God’s Children VIRTUS training session. Licensed to operate a motor vehicle and ability to meet agency auto insurance coverage requirements. Local travel may be required.
Agency Identity and Mission
The Work of Catholic Charities serves as an expression of the ministry of evangelization of the Roman Catholic Church by serving the poor and most vulnerable in our society. Although staff are not to proselytize, they are, however, expected to be guided in every way by the teachings of the Catholic faith in their daily work. These include church teachings on abortion, sterilization, abstinence, and the sanctity of the family as well as fidelity to the Catholic ethical religious directive of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. In addition, all staff are invited to attend periodic Catholic Masses. As employees of Catholic Charities, it is further expected that staff will adhered to the Diocesan code of conduct. Employees are expected to not only perform duties consistent with the Doctrines of the Catholic faith, but outside of the workplace they are expected to refrain from publishing any communication in any form, electronic or otherwise, that affiliates them with Catholic Charities in a manner that is inconsistent with the doctrine of the Roman Catholic faith.