Career Opportunity: Volunteer Coordinator
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three letters of recommendation to Dan Lester, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the complete job description: Volunteer Coordinator Job Description
Provide foundational volunteer direction, outline and implement common volunteer onboarding structure, guide, and directly support volunteer relationships and opportunities within Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri. Provide ongoing training for current volunteer engagement systems used for volunteer recruitment, communication, and metrics. Develop goals, plans, and best practices for the programs of Catholic Charities to apply to their volunteer structures and assist and support the programs with this implementation and with their volunteer engagement.
Possesses a strong commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities including the understanding of Catholic Social Teaching and ability to demonstrate the philosophy and values of the agency. The identity of the agency is clearly Catholic. As such, Catholic Charities adheres to the social and moral teachings of the Catholic Church.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize, implement, modify best practice for on boarding and aligning volunteers across all programs at Catholic Charities.
- Lead consistent marketing & recruitment through main volunteer database/in conjunction with Development & Outreach department.
- Assist/support any current and new volunteer initiatives where needed.
- Monthly reporting capturing the various volunteer interactions/central point for collection of annual volunteer demographics for Catholic Charities.
- Hosting monthly/consistent volunteer coordinator engagement.
- Lead and manage all training regarding volunteer database management, volunteer onboarding, and general volunteer procedures for Catholic Charities for associated volunteer coordinators.
- Publication of monthly volunteer newsletter/social media communication for main central list.
- Researching and providing additional useful training, support, and opportunities to volunteer coordinators.
- Manage and research current, new and potential database systems, and integration for volunteer engagement.
- Creation and organic storage of all volunteer coordination roles & responsibilities for growth and ease of transition.
- Coordination/management lead for major events at Catholic Charities without volunteer coordination:
- Central point for intake and distribution of all general volunteer request calls/emails/communication.
- Maintain professional ties with other service organizations/boards/committees for the benefit of the volunteer ministry.
- Full-time work schedule may include isolated weekend and/or evening engagements during the year.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Supports, promotes, and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values, and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Direct assist with Parish & Community Relations when feasible.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.