Career Opportunity: Refugee Health Promotion Coordinator
Update 12/3/2020: This position has now been filled and application process closed. Thank you for your interest in Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Dan Lester, Executive Director: email@example.com
The Health Promotion Coordinator is responsible for implementing the RSS COVID-19 Supplemental Grant to provide support to refugee clients impacted by COVID-19. This entails providing medical case management for refugees, implementing health literacy education, organizing and leading non-clinical interventions for clients, coordinating with the public health department as needed, and working with local health care providers to provide materials on the unique health concerns facing refugees. The Health Promotion Coordinator works with case managers and other office staff to implement health programs that support refugees impacted by COVID-19.
- Provide medical case management for clients impacted by COVID-19 that have long term health care needs or chronic or incurable conditions
- Provide health literacy education focusing on COVID-19 prevention and treatment
- Work with health care providers to meet clients’ medical needs
- Develop and conduct non-clinical interventions such as support groups
- Supervise volunteer medical and nursing students working with the clients
- Coordinate with case managers to ensure that clients received needed services
- Coordinate COVID-19 prevention and response activities with the public health department, as needed
- Represent refugee and immigration services at inter-agency committees and groups related to refugee and immigrant health
- Perform other duties as assigned