Career Opportunity: Director of Refugee Resettlement
11/15/2020 Update: This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest in Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Dan Lester, Executive Director at email@example.com
Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri is seeking a qualified human services professional to direct our refugee resettlement program. For more than forty years, Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri and the Diocese of Jefferson City have welcomed refugees from around the world to mid-Missouri. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic organization committed to providing care and creating hope for the most vulnerable in our communities.
Summary: Overall administration, supervision, coordination and implementation of the Refugee Resettlement program of Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri. Ensures that all Refugee Services administrative and policy contracts and guidelines for grants and contracts are followed. Serves as a member of the management team of Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri
Possesses a strong commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities including the understanding of Catholic Social Teaching and ability to demonstrate the philosophy and values of the agency. The identity of the agency is clearly Catholic. As such, Catholic Charities’ staff adheres to the social and moral teachings of the Catholic Church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the writing and submission of grant requests, including USCCB R&P Direct Assistance, R&P Administrative, Match Grant, MO-ORA Social Services, Services for Older Refugees, Youth Mentoring, Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), Refugee Medical Assistance (RMA) and any future programs for Refugee Resettlement.
- Receive biographic information on refugee clients and determine if we can assure the case for placement with our agency
- Ensure that the refugees are met at the airport by staff members, family members and sponsors
- Coordinate with staff, family and/or sponsors to ensure the delivery of basic life services needed by the clients
- Serve as a liaison with regional and national agencies
- Ensure delivery of quality resettlement services
- Ensure development of individual and family self-sufficiency plans
- Refer to appropriate agencies as needed
- Various administrative tasks involving department finances and budgeting for all grants, programs
- Ensure all monthly financial reports, narratives and other reports are submitted to local, state and national funding entities.
Supervises all employees of Refugee Resettlement Services
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred in a human services, health, or public policy field (social work, human development and family sciences, public health, public policy), with at least three years of program experience working with refugees and/or migrants.