12 Ways to Celebrate our 12th Birthday!
May 17, 2023 | News, Volunteer Opportunities
On May 17, 2011 Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri was established as the charitable arm for the Diocese of Jefferson City with this mission:
Inspired by the Gospel of the Beatitudes as proclaimed by Jesus Christ, Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri is committed to providing care and creating hope for the lives of the vulnerable through compassionate social services that respect the dignity of each person and engage the local community in our mission.CCCNMO MISSION STATEMENT
Today we celebrate 12 years of providing compassionate care for those in need! We’d love for you to join in the celebration by choosing one of these 12 ways to get involved with our mission:
- Learn about Catholic Charities. Visit our website at cccnmo.diojeffcity.org to get familiar with the programs and services we offer, and check out our impact in 2022 – the people, services, and care we provided to many across the Diocese of Jefferson City.
- Volunteer your time. Using your gifts and talents at Catholic Charities helps us provide for the needs of our neighbors. From welcoming visitors to stocking pantry shelves and sponsoring refugee families to helping with yard work, each gift of your time counts!
- Give $12 in honor of our 12th birthday! you can give securely online – no gift is too small!
- Visit us for a tour or join one of our programs. We love welcoming visitors on-site for tours and programs that form and inform our community about our services.
- Create a Welcome Kit for a refugee family. we welcome donations of new (tags on) items to make a new house a home for families rebuilding their lives in mid-Missouri after becoming refugees. Click here to learn more!
- Host a food drive at your work, church, or school. We can drop off collection bins to receive shelf-stable items for the Catholic Charities Food Pantry and schedule a pickup date for a no-hassle food drive at your school, church, or business.
- Spread the word. Connect with us on social media and help raise awareness about the work of Catholic Charities by sharing their mission and programs with others.
- Offer pro bono services. If you have professional experience as a lawyer, accountant, in the healthcare field, etc. – consider offering your services pro bono to Catholic Charities.
- Become a Parish Ambassador. Learn more about Parish Ambassadors, or sign up to become one today!
- Host a fundraiser. Work with our development staff to host a fundraiser benefiting our programs. It could be a walk-a-thon, a bake sale, or another idea that raises awareness and funds.
- Advocate for social justice. Catholic Charities works to promote social justice and advocate for policy changes that will benefit those in need. Join advocacy efforts for the poor and vulnerable and support policies that promote justice and equality.
- Pray for us. Keep Catholic Charities and those they serve in your thoughts and daily prayers. While the work we do is physical, the strength we need is spiritual, helping us deliver care with compassion to those in need every day.